What is it?
The Liebster Award is a virtual award given to bloggers by bloggers that began in 2011. Liebster in German means dearest, favorite, beloved, among others things. So basically, I was someone’s favorite!!! How amazing is that!?
Not only is it just an award, it is also a great way for bloggers to get recognized and discovered in the blogging community. Blogging is not easy, so any help, especially those in your community that encourage you on your journey is amazing!
My blog was nominated for the Liebster Award by Joseph of Grizzled Nomad. His blog is filled with some awesome travel hacks, information on some amazing destinations, gorgeous pictures of these places and some fabulous suggestions for wanderlust travelers. I’ve linked it above, check it out, I’m sure you’ll love it too!
Liebster Award 2017 Rules:
Below I’ve highlighted just a few of the rules, but you can find a full list of rules here.
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your post. Adding a little something about them is a grateful way of sincerely thanking them for helping you on your journey.
- Display the award on your blog by including it in your post, or by having it as the feature image.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. Although this is not mandatory, it’s always nice to have your readers get to know you and what you’re about. I’ve added mine here.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- Answer questions asked of you by your nominee and ask your nominees questions of your own.
- List the rules in your post and provide a link for a full list.
- Once you have written and published it:
– Inform the people/blogs that they have been nominated
-provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it
Now that you know what the Liebster Award is, I wanted to share with you all one of my favorite blogs.
Not many people know, but I originally started blogging in 2009 as a means of therapy and have sporadically done it since then. It wasn’t until I started following Matea from a Warm Coffee Hub that my passion for writing for the fun of it was reignited. Her blog is a lifestyle blog that is so much fun, informative and invigorating that you just can’t help but feel her enthusiasm for life. It helps that I personally know her, but that doesn’t diminish just how great she is and all that her blog has to offer.
Aside from being a world traveler, sharing her love for coffee, all of her adventures, and her great sense of fashion, she is also a brand influencer. I had no idea what that meant until I started following her. She has been my connection to the world on all things hip and up & coming and makes this mommy blogger excited about what she’ll share next. Aside from all this, she has been a huge supporter and my blog/social media guru and has made this blogging community just so much more fun for me. Check her out, show her some love, and be prepared to get inspired!
Questions I Was Asked by the person that nominated me:
1. What’s your favorite part of the blogging process?
The actual writing part, it feels very therapeutic to me.
2. What’s the most challenging part of the blogging process?
Second guessing myself.
3. Where was your last planned trip? Why’d you go, and did you have a good time?
Peoria, Arizona. Our timeshare had just added a new location and it was great time!
4. If you could have one superpower, what would it be? Why?
To multiply myself when needed.
5. What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
6. What is currently at the top of your bucket list?
A Europe tour.
7. What’s your favorite meal of the day?
8. Do you have any pets?
3 dogs and a cat.
9. If you could have one wish come true, what would you wish for?
To never have to worry about money.
10. What advice would you give someone who’s on the fence about starting a blog?
If you’re on the fence, don’t do it. As with anything in life, being half into something, never has great results. However, if you do jump in, writing about something you absolutely love, it’ll make it much easier to do and being genuine will show in your posts.
My favorite thing about being nominated is sharing others who love blogging as much as I do. Here are my nominees in no particular order. Check them out, I’ve linked each one and give them some blogging love.
- Tony @ Tony’s Got the Runs
- Laura @ Life of a TravelBug
- Lana @ Who Do I Do
- Frankland @ Krivenien
- Aresha @ Aresha’s Book Corner
Questions For My Nominees:
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
- Bike or Train? Why?
- What is that one post made by you that you like the most, and why?
- T-Rex or dragon?
- Which character on Game of Thrones are you and why?
- Cat or Dog person?
- If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
- Dream travel destination?
- Do you think education, as it is today, does justice to life and learning?
- Name one thing that inspires you daily.
There you go!
The Liebster Award has been an awesome experience and I’m grateful for the nomination. Thank you Joseph of Grizzled Nomad for the nomination and the chance to further share the love of what we do.
For those of you that have been nominated for this Award, once completed, please share the link below, I’d love to read it! And for those who haven’t been nominated yet, what do you think about this blogging community love? I’d love to hear your thoughts.